Wednesday, April 1, 2020

New Regs Dictate Fashion Choices


8 Nisan 5780.

I don’t usually ask for fashion guidance… but with the new regulations – “You must wear a mask when leaving home. If you do not own an actual mask, a scarf will do.”– I really need advice. (My friend Shannon has Trump masks, Hillary, Iron Man masks, the Hulk… Still thinking about those possibilities…)

I have some options and want your fashion sense. After all, over the years, your comments have caused me to actually match colors and patterns in a way that finally gets compliments, and no doubt gives my dear mother nachas in Heaven. So, tell me your thoughts. The options (unless Shannon persuades me to mask up like the US president or a former presidential candidate, or a superhero) are:

Dig out a pretty scarf combo, that works with the dress...



or that (thank God) never used and probably expired gas mask from years ago.



What’s your advice? Corona fashion is beyond my understanding…




 Okay. Your votes will determine how I go and get some business done before the next set of regulations takes effect. Looking forward to your fashion-conscious wisdom. Mama will be proud.

Photos taken and used with permission by the Dearly Beloved, pretty much the only human I've seen in a couple of weeks.

15 comments:

  1. The gas mask looks so steam punk. Maybe just a colourful scarf?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Advice from a Hollywood type feels like insider knowledge. Thanks... Now, this old savta has to go and look up "steam punk."

      Delete
  2. Love the mask. Reminiscent of a character in the Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina, from Star Wars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I remember! My son Josh will be so proud of his mother!

      Delete
  3. B"H, for a sense of humor!!I am sure where ever you go will put a big smile on all who see you no matter what you wear!!
    Gut Shabbos and Chag Kasher VSame-ach!
    Love,
    Elka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May it be so, dear friend. Shabbat shalom, and chag sameach v'kasher!

      Delete
  4. It's gotta be the gas mask, hon. Nothing beats a black rubber face covering to turn heads. The robe's quite characteristic these day as well. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, you are outvoted by the klal, but your opinion has always mattered to me. Still, in an effort NOT to turn heads, I'll probably go with the scarf. ;-)

      Delete
  5. The blue scarf is so pretty! My own DB asked me a number of times if I REALLY needed to bring a plain scarf in almost every colour of the rainbow all the way from South Africa to Israel .... Now they finally have a use. Even my husband is going to be able to wear something that matches his shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See? You are validated! Ooh! We can wear matching scarves with our spouses the way Americans wore matching bowling shirts in the 1950s!

      Delete
  6. I,m so embarrassed. All I have is a medical mask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look -- not everyone can be a fashionista. Just stick with what you know. Authenticity is also a fashion statement. ;-)

      Delete